As the engine and main gearbox were missing the next thing to rebuild was the transfer box. Carrying a Brown and Lipe makers plate and not showing any 'f' marks, this probably not the original.
From the outside it looked quite good, it tuned and the sectors could be moved. What could possibly go wrong!
Well quite a lot, all the bearings were shot, especially the intermediate gear bearings which had actually collapsed and allowed the cluster to tip and ruin the associated gears. So the first ever visit to War and Peace, meant a good spending spree at the jeep dealers.
After a good clean down and some lovely red oxide the assembly started. When i finished it i must confess that i did have a bit too much time on my hands and made a crate to put it in!!!